SUPPORT through Patreon:
You can also make direct donation through Paypal at:
As well as supporting this work through Cryptocurrencies:
Bitcoin (BTC): 1Peam3sbV9EGAHr8mwUvrxrX8kToDz7eTE
Bitcoin Cash (BCH): 18KjJ4frBPkXcUrL2Fuesd7CFdvCY4q9wi
Ethereum (ETH): 0xcec12da3d582166afa8055137831404ea7753ffd
Ethereum Classic (ETC): 0x348e8b9c0e7d71c32fb2a70dcabcb890b979441c
Litecoin (LTC): LLak2kfmtqoiQ5X4zhdFpwMvkDNPa4UhGA
Dash (DSH): XmHxibwbUW9MRu2b1oHSrL951yoMU6XPEN
ZCash (ZEC): t1S6G8gqmt6rWjh3XAyAkRLZSm9Fro93kAd
Doge (DOGE): D83vU3XP1SLogT5eC7tNNNVzw4fiRMFhog
Please let me know if there are any other Crypto's that you would like to use.
Thank you for your support.
***TABLE OF CONTENTS***
- The Mathematics: Overview (7:04)
- Rules for the Variant Game (16:43)
- Optional Variant Rules (48:26)
PLAYLIST: Monopoly, How to Play
Monopoly Variant Rules: Introduction: The Rules, The Mathematics, and Live Stream Gameplay
Monopoly Variant Rules Gameplay: Learning Math by Playing Board Games
Let Me Show You My Board Game Collection
***LINKS TO TABLES***
Table 1: Money distribution based on number of players
Table 2: How to calculate your initial cash flow
Keep these in mind regarding monopoly, especially for this variant:
1) Objective of the game is to own everything, and money management is a huge part of this game.
2) Main strategy is to wheel and deal and bankrupt as many as you can.
Rules of the variant game:
1) Shuffle and cut cards before dealing.
2) Roll dice to see who gets first card (usually highest). Deal cards clockwise, one card at a time. Cards must be distributed evenly, i.e., everyone must have the same number of cards. Extra cards are held by the bank until someone purchases them during regular play, i.e., if available for purchase, person landing on the property can choose to do so.
3) Pay for your properties. You may have to mortgage what you have already paid for to raise enough funds to pay for the rest of your properties.
4) Wheel and deal segment. This may take a few minutes. Try to get your hands on sets. Sometimes the deals are one-on-one, sometimes it’s a multiplayer deal, sometimes it’s the whole table.
5) Roll to see who moves first. Do this after the first Wheel and Deal session.
6) You must go completely around once, go once around the board, to be able to build on your properties. Going directly to jail does not count as one rotation. Any movements due to “Chance” or “Community Chest” cards count as movement around the board.
7) Any taxes or fines collected through “Chance” or “Community Chest” cards and interest paid to unmortgage property (10%) goes into Free Parking. Landing in Free Parking gets you the loot.
8) When in bankruptcy, you cannot wheel and deal, you must pay your creditor or forfeit everything to the person you owe money to. All property must be mortgaged before the handover.
9) If a bankruptcy occurs due to money owing to the bank, then the bank acquires all the properties, if mortgaged they will now be unmortgaged, and they will be available for purchase during regular play.
10) The person that is rolling the dice cannot hold up the game to make a deal. Players should be trying to make deals before it is their turn to roll the dice.
11) No rolling dice if there is payment in progress on the board.
12) There has got to be enough time between turns to allow people to react. This maybe based on time (5 to 10 seconds), announcements that you/someone is rolling dice, few shakes of the dice, etc.
13) Once you hear the dice roll, it is your responsibility to keep track of what has occurred.
14) If you rat someone out you must pay half their rent, i.e., it is the responsibility of the owner of a property to request rent for that property, not anyone else.
15) Dice tilts are acceptable as a roll, just like craps, however, if the majority of the players agree that it is too close to call, i.e., the tilt is too much, they may request a re-roll.
16) Dice must land on the board to be counted.
17) Rent can be collected in jail, making jail a safe haven.
18) You can only build as many houses and hotels that the market can absorb, as many as there are, 32 houses and 12 hotels. If there are no houses or hotels available to be built, you cannot build unless you are dismantling building on another property you own. One useful strategy is to build only houses possibly preventing someone else from building.