Highlight Reel is Kotaku's regular roundup of amazing plays, stunts, records, and other great moments from around the gaming world. Please check out the original videos in the links below, and send us your favorite clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit, either send us a link to your video on YouTube, a game DVR, Streamable, Twitch, or just send us the raw file (YouTube links are preferred, as they allow us to attribute credit. For the sake of privacy/ease on our end, please avoid Facebook video and Google Drive). Please also give a description of your moment, and confirm that you recorded it.
Wondering how to capture footage on your console or computer? Here's our guide on how to do it:
You can follow Chris Person (the editor and voice of Highlight Reel) over at twitter.com/papapishu. If you have any questions or concerns about the show, please contact Chris.
1.For Honor - Get down mr. president - Kellmondo
In For Honor, get down Mr. President
2.The Last Of Us - Enemies are less accurate while you're sprinting away - De Jure Claims
In The Last Of Us, ah so that’s what went wrong.
3.LOZ: BotW - Hey at least I made it in time - Kong_diddy
In Zelda, what matters is they finished.
4. Rocket League - Casual 360 Dribble - WhiffMeister
In Rocket League, this casual 360 dribble.
5. Battlefield 1 - Plane Snipe and Kill Montage - NightmareCanFly
In Battlefield, Nightmarecanfly gets vengeance.
6. Uncharted: Lost Legacy - Uncharted: Space Program - Jarod Honas
In Uncharted: Lost Legacy, get out.
7. Super Mario Odyssey - The save was real!!! #SuperMarioOdyssey #NintendoSwitch - OArcadiaSkiesO
In Mario Odyssey, Nice Save.
8. Super Mario Odyssey - Mario.exe has stopped working. Please restart your system. #SuperMarioOdyssey #NintendoSwitch - Alvin_Earthworm
Mario.exe has stopped working.
9. Super Mario Odyssey - Because frogs are too mainstream. - WJMack
And here, WJMack climbs this tower without possessing a frog.
10. Assassin’s Creed Origins - Get out of the way - PaulfraDK
In Assassin’s Creed Origins, get out of the way.
11. Assassin’s Creed Origins - Being helpful...almost - Ragingsilver
Dude, you’re not helping.
12. Assassin’s Creed Origins - How to Break A Horse - Josh
Oh no, I think they broke the horse.
13. Assassin’s Creed Origins - 20171029174107 - Raz Wolf
Lastly in Assassin’s Creed, get off your high horse already
14. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds -rude awakening - dmsdaprophdawg
In Battlegrounds, this streamer is in for a rude awakening.
15. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds - To quote my friend, my good friend... "If you go fast enough, the bombs can't hit you." - Last_Grey_Wolf
16. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds - it’s nice when everything goes your way for once - kaljaen
Also in Battlegrounds, sometimes everything goes your way
17. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds - Not suicide at all - AmericanPaleAle
just flippin it.
18. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds - DIY Red Zone - zjzeffz
Lastly in Battlegrounds, if you need a red zone just make your own.
19. GTA V - Peezerplays (Direct file)
And let’s end today with accidental Tony hawk in GTA V.
Here's the script for next week's:
"In [Game X1], [Y1] happens,
"In [Game X2], [Y2] happens,
"In [Game X3], [Y3] happens,
"In [Game X4], [Y4] happens,
"In [Game X5], [Y5] happens,
"In [Game X6], [Y6] happens,
"In [Game X7], [Y7] happens" (etc)
Maybe mix up the commentary a little in future? It gets a bit repetitive.
auto27user You watch 3 clips from 3 seperate users on 3 seperate occasions and the game is a buggy mess? lol
I'm not saying it's not glitchy, it probably is, but highlight reel is not the place to find that out. Of the bugs shown I'd suspect mario odyssey to be the most game breaking if I took this video seriously.
That was either a jump-cut to save time or they were playing on a custom server with shortened respawn timer.
I'm guessing you're a Call of Duty player? Which has the same issues with a "fucked up spawning system", even in the latest game? But yes, Battlefield is the one with all the flaws.
Obviously you cannot read. "Kotaku
15 hours ago
Video was a bit late to accommodate the release of Mario Odyssey, Assassin's Creed Origins and Wolfenstein." ONLY bum here is you with your stupid comment. Let's see you make better reels from alllllll the submits he gets every day.
I bet, the textures look gorgeous. I only have a problem with, what looks like, a lack of innovation in terms of movement. All I have seen since AC2, was the addition of new animation sequences, (cut the rope, fly up. And now with AC:O , jump on a rope and slide down) but the actual fluidity and precision has seen little improvement.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I just had a recent tough time with AC: Unity, and with all the patches, I found movement incredibly frustrating. It looks to me, and according to some, like the movement is just as finicky as ever.
You post some totally boring clips from a massively overrated game like PUBG, then hide the greatest clip of the video behind the closing text and your voiceover.
I love these videos and appreciate the hard work you put into editing them but damn, that was a poor editorial choice right there.
Our on-going goal with Steam is to improve the service we offer customers. We believe that by sharing this data, well be able to spot problems earlier, improve the Steam service more efficiently, and ultimately build better products and experiences. Let us know what you think. Concurrent Steam Users (most recent 48 hours).
1001 Free Steam Games Worth Playing
The second one balances difficulty and RPG mechanics seamlessly to make the game always rewarding. " Free. Recommended March 6. "Fun and engaging game with a twist that comes out of left field. Not very long, but worth the time, definitely worth a second play through to unlock all its secrets.